Rapid Racking cares so much about the protection of your personal data. Our Data Protection Policy explains our principles when it comes to the collection, processing, and storage of your personal data and how we comply with the European regulation about data privacy.
What are cookies and other trackers?
A cookie is a small pieces of data stored on your device (computer, tablet, mobile phone or other internet-connected device). It has a unique ID assigned to your device when websites are loaded in a browser. The cookie enables the website to “remember” you, your actions and your preferences (such as location, language, font size and other display preferences) either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted manually or automatically. Session cookies remain on your device until you close your browser and are thereby automatically deleted.
Using the cookies allows Rapid Racking to ensure a consistent and efficient experience for the website visitors, and perform essential functions.
Cookies may be set by the Rapid Racking website ( “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”). The third party organizations’ cookies are used and stored according their own Cookies Policies.
The purposes of the cookies
Some cookies are strictly necessary for technical reasons and to enable you to make use of the Rapid Racking services; some enable a personalized and optimized experience for both website visitors and registered users; and some, placed by selected third parties, allow the display of advertising or for enhanced services, these cookies allow :
- to establish statistics and volumes of frequentation and use of the various elements making up our site (sections and content visited, routes taken), enabling us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- to adapt the presentation of our websites to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our websites, according to the hardware and software for viewing or reading that your terminal has;
- to memorize information relating to a form that you have filled in on our websites (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on our websites (subscribed service, contents of an order basket, etc.);
- to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our websites, such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures
- to count the number of times advertising content is displayed via our advertising spaces, to identify the advertisements displayed in this way, the number of users who clicked on each advertisement, enabling them to calculate the sums due as a result and to draw up statistics;
- to recognize your terminal during its subsequent navigation on any other site or service on which these advertisers or these third parties also issue cookies and, if necessary, to adapt these third party sites and services or the advertisements they display, to the navigation of your terminal of which they may be aware;
- to count the number of displays and activations of our advertising content on third party sites/applications, to identify this content and these sites/applications, to determine the number of users who clicked on each content,
- to calculate the sums due to the players in the advertising distribution chain (advertising agency, advertising network, distribution site/media) and to draw up statistics,
- to adapt the presentation of the websites to which one of our advertising contents leads, according to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our websites and according to the hardware and software for displaying or reading that your terminal has; according to the location data (longitude and latitude) that is transmitted to us (or to our service providers) by your terminal with your prior consent
- to follow the subsequent navigation carried out by your terminal on websites/applications or on other advertising content for which we operate cookies.
Types of cookies
Category of cookies
The table below describes the types of the cookies Rapid Racking uses on its websites.
|Category of cookies||Purposes|
|sStrictly Necessary Cookies||These cookies are necessary for the operation of the website and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are generally set in response to actions you have taken that constitute a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or be informed of the existence of these cookies, but some parts of the website may be affected.|
|Functional Cookies||These cookies are used to improve and personalize the functionality of the website. They may be set by Rapid Racking, or by third parties whose services are used on our website pages. If you do not accept these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.|
|Perfomance Cookies||These cookies allow us to determine the number of visits and sources of traffic, in order to measure and improve the performance of our website. They also help us to identify the most/least visited pages and to evaluate how visitors navigate the website. If you do not accept these cookies, we will not be informed of your visit to our site.|
|Targeting Cookies||These cookies may be set within our website by our advertising partners. They may be used by these companies to profile your interests and serve you relevant advertisements on other websites. If you do not allow these cookies, your advertising will be less targeted.|
|Social Media Cookies||These cookies are enabled by the social networking services we have added to Rapid Racking website to give you the ability to share our content with your network. They also allow us to track your browsing on other websites and profile your interests. If you do not allow these cookies, it may affect the content and messages displayed on other websites you visit and you may not be able to use or view the sharing tools.|
List of the cookies
Below this is the list of the cookies set by Rapid Racking and its partners with explanations of their purpose and a link to information that each partner sets about its cookies policy applicable to its cookies (for example, you will find here the policy of our partner Google).
This list is not exhaustive but rather aims to be representative.
Website visitors can decide which cookies are installed on their device or not according the preference setting displayed on the cookies banner and by using the cookie settings tab.
Likewise, they can decide whether or not to install our cookies on their hard drive, as well as decide to erase them, by following the procedure explained in the help section of your browser.
Website visitors can also configure their browser to accept or reject all cookies by default or to receive on-screen notification for each new cookie and decide whether or not to install it on their hard drive.
For example for the leading browsers:
- For Internet Explorer/Edge™: open the Tools menu, then select Internet Options; click the Privacy, search and services tab, then choose the options;
- For Firefox™: open the Tools menu, then select Options; click the Privacy tab and choose the options;
- For Chrome™: open the Setup menu (adjustable spanner icon), then select Settings; click Advanced Settings and then Content Settings, then choose the options;
- For Safari™: choose Safari - Preferences and then click Security; click Show Cookies and then choose the options;
- For Opera™: open the Tools menu, then select Preferences; click the Advanced tab, then in the Cookies section click Manage Cookies; choose the options.